Sunday, July 16, 2006

Scout Camp



Yesterday Janet and I helped drive Sam's scout troop and their bikes up to scout camp. It's at Lost Valley down in San Diego County. It was quite a drive. Especially the part where we were off roading for about eleven miles. My stomach muscles are sore today from trying to keep my body from bouncing all over the car. Good thing that I was driving a 4x4. Our plans were to drop the boys and the bikes off and then head out to Pechanga for the buffet lunch and then to go shopping in old town Temecula....that didn't work out... (Here is the line of cars trying to get into camp)
the only road in and out is very narrow and we were stuck waiting for all of the scouts (800) to arrive before we could leave. Needless to say we starved and didn't get to go shopping...we finally got to eat at about 8 o'clock and got home about 10:30pm....the good news is that we get to do it again next Saturday to pick them up....oh well....at least I know what I'm in for.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics