Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sephardic Feast

 Yesterday we all joined together at Auntie Maddy's house for our regular Sephardic Feast. We had a wonderful time (as usual) visiting, sharing stories, laughing, and feasting upon the tastes of our heritage. 












I made the Yaprakis (stuffed grape leaves). I started the day before, soaking the beans. Then I let them cook in the crock pot over night. In the morning I rolled the filling into the leaves and let them cook for an hour. This was my first time and I must say, they were very good.



Shirley, Sherri, Valerie, Sylvia, Stephanie, Maddy B. and Juliette

Auntie Maddy made the fried Matzos.
 mmmm one of my favorites!

At top, Shirley made the quajado de spinaka or
spinaka for short and I'm sorry to say,
I don't know who made the bean salad.

At top, Maddy B. made the Koogle,
the best I have ever had.
 bottom, the Greek olives were to die for.

Marilyn made the Greek salad....mmmmm.

Valerie and Stephanie, I believe, made the Rosca....
they did a fantastic job...mmm.

Left to right, Auntie Maddy Stephanie, Auntie Vicky,
Diane, Valerie, Juliette, Maddy B., Sherri, Marilyn,
and down in front, Sylvia and Shirley.
We had sooooo much fun. Love ya girls!
sss

1 comment:

Joan Langford said...

Fun to read your blog and see all of your cooking! Langford Mission is dead. It wouldn't let me add to it so I started a new one. www.langfordadventures.blogspot.com with details of our Nauvoo Mission
Joan

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics