Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inspiration from Others

First of all, I would like to introduce you to my friend Janet's new blog. With the price of just about EVERYTHING going up, she has devised some ways to keep her wallet from being taken advantage of.

One of the things she has inspired me to do is to ride my bike instead of taking my car to run my errands. In the past week I have ridden to the GW Swap-meet, Target, and the grocery store. We bought these fantastic little baskets that hook onto our bikes. It unhooks very easily and I just bring it into the store with me and fill it up. I attach it back onto the bike and I'm on my way home. I find that I don't waste so much time lolly gagging in the store. I just get what I need and I'm on my way and it really doesn't take that much longer than taking the car. PLUS... I'm getting some exercise, something that I really need. It really is a Win-Win situation.

One other thing I like about taking my bike to the grocery store is, I can only bring so much home at a time. The advantages of that are:
#1. It cuts down on impulsive buys.
#2. I go more often and so my food is fresher and therefore 
#3. I am more apt to eat the fruits and veggies that I am supposed to be eating.

I hope this is something that I will continue to do through the rest of the summer. Hopefully then I will shed a few pounds, save on gas money, and contribute less to the air pollution.
We'll see....

2 comments:

Claire said...

so awesome! maybe ill start riding my bike....paying $5 forg as on a $10 an hour job is rough. miss you!

Shauna said...

That's great Sherri! I don't feel so weird now that others are riding and walking. You made me smile.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics