Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Happiest Place On Earth


Today I took Aaron and a friend to Disneyland. Now I know that it is supposed to be the happiest place on earth but I wasn't too sure at first. Aaron has a noisy tic disorder (Tourette Syndrome) so when we go to Disneyland we have a pass so that we don't have to wait in the long lines. Well today his tics were giving him a little grief...he was ticcing every 2 to 10 seconds...and his main tic was this high pitched screech. When he gets excited, his tics become a little more intense so he was excited of course because he was at Disneyland and we were just coming off the Raiders of the Lost Ark ride when this lady who was walking off just ahead of us turned around and told Aaron to " Shut the *&@# up!!".... he just melted...his heart was broken and he was doing all he could to not cry. At first it made me angry and I wanted to lash out but I just said "he can't help it." They just kept walking ahead of us and didn't say anything else. I felt real bad for Aaron but told him to not worry about it...they just don't know...so we decided to go to "Pirates of the Caribbean"... I thought for sure that would cheer him up...well.... all was going well until half way through, the ride broke down. We were stuck there right in front of the "brides for sale" part of the ride for half an hour. I was trying to distract the boys by having them count the pirates, then the animals, then the lanterns etc... finally, the ride started up again...we got to the point where we were to be the next boat to unload when "darn it", it broke down again...we waited there for another 15 minutes, all the while Aaron is ticcing like crazy. We finally decided to climb off anyway, they told us to sit down and wait but we just couldn't and climbed off anyway...that just pushed Aaron to his limit. He just started to cry and wanted to go home...He said "I hate Disneyland!"...poor guy....I told him okay...but got him to go on the Thunder Mountain Railway....that was fun and we went on it again... then the Matterhorn... then Space mountain...and we finished up the day with Autopia....By the end of the day we were finally having fun...thank goodness !

1 comment:

Haircutmom said...

Thanks Patty, Kellie said just about the same thing...that she wishes that she was there just to let her have it.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics