Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello St. Louis

Yesterday Michael and I flew into St. Louis to meet up with the Coffeys and the Griffins for Mandy and Jonathan's wedding which will be at the St. Louis LDS temple. We are having so much fun. Yesterday we toured through historical down town St. Charles. It was so cool because it felt like we went back into time. I left my camera back at the hotel and didn't get any photos but maybe we can get back there before we leave for home.
We are in our Southwest plane on our way.
We touched down in Kansas City Mo. for a 20 minute layover.
Today we went with the Coffeys and the Griffins to this cool attraction in St. Louis called the City Museum. They took this old, huge building and turned it into a giant maze type playground with several stories. Click here for more info.

Michael getting ready to eat a snack on one of the many levels. Everything around him is recycled.
The happy couple pretending that they are already married.
My leg muscles were so sore from all the climbing.
Katie and McKay playing a duet on this carved up piano. (Ali...what are you doing?)
Crystal just loves be a new Grandma!
Michael talking to Auntie Kimber and little Tucker.
Spencer and his gorgeous wife Leslie.They have been married for almost a year.
Wow! check out these drawers.
This museum is so cool because everything is hands on and I was have a blast playing with this old fashion cash register.
BJ playing with Tucker. (Sorry Ema for the getting a shot of your back side)
Michael climbed into one of the many cages made with re bar.
The Museum also has an outside part where you can climb into that airplane that you see up there. Check out the school bus hanging off the edge of the building.
After the City Museum, Michael and I went to the Gateway Arch. We wanted to ride the tram to the top but it was sold out. We might try again tomorrow.
Cool picture if you don't count my chins.
This is the Mississippi River. The water level so high that it was covering the parking lot.
See what I mean...That is a statue that is not supposed to be in the water.
We drove by the St. Louis Cardinals' Stadium, I think that it is called Busch Field.
Michael and I drove into this neighborhood where there were nothing but mansions. Beautiful single family homes on gorgeous tree-lined streets.
I wanted so badly to go into these home and check out this inside.
It's funny because this is a gated community except there is one entrance that is not gated, just a sign that said "Private, residents only"...well that sign didn't stop us. I wonder when all of these homes were built and who originally owned them. They look like they have been there for many many decades. I wish we could have taken pictures of all of the mansions.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post more.

3 comments:

Scooter said...

What a fun trip! ... Kellie and I are bummed we can't be there with you. Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

Those are some cool pictures of the trip. I loved the pictures of the houses.

The Griffins said...

Hey Sherri,
we took your advice and went to Old town St. Charles and we LOVED it! We took pictures and I'll post them soon in case you still want some. :)

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics