Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Cabin Adventures

(Click on the pictures to enlarge) We just got back from a fun weekend in the mountains. There was a lot of snow surprisingly. We had to dig our way into the cabin. But once we got in we were able to light a fire and warm up. I hadn't been up when there was a lot of snow in a long time; and I forgot how fun it was.
This is the creek by our cabin that runs from the top of the mountains in Fawnskin and empties into Big Bear Lake. The weather was real warm and the snow was starting to melt.

This is our hidden little sledding area. This was a holiday weekend and yet we were the only ones there. It was sooooo fun. Aaron was having a blast riding that green disc down the hill. He just had to make sure that he stopped before he slid into the creek.


Here is Sam and Erika on the tobagan flying down the hill.

Let's do it again!


My husband is so wonderful...he walks on water....literally. He convinced us to do the same. At first I was afraid and my heart was pounding out of my chest...then I realized that we were okay and wouldn't fall through. Even if we did we would be in about at our waists.
The kids standing on the lake.


After our hike to the lake we stopped off at the park to have some fun. Janet and I are having a blast on the teeter totter.

Then it was Aaron, Erika and Nolan's turn.

Sam flying in the air...jumping off of the swing.

Here are a couple of shots inside the cabin. It is really old fashioned in there. Our refrigerater is older than I am and it still works really well.
Here is my wood burning/gas oven. We don't use it as an oven because the building inspector said that it was a fire hazard and we should disable it. I love it anyway.

This is what keeps us warm. The only source of heat...that is until Aunt Vicky gave us us this really awesome portable oven.

This not only bakes tasty cakes...it also warms up the kitchen. Aunt Vicky gave me her very old portable oven. It is in great shape and works very well. Janet and I thought that it would be fun to try it out and make Nolan a birthday cake.

Well...here it is...we made two layers out of loaf pans and frosted it with chocolate frosting....

MMM Good!
(Thanks Aunt Vicky!)

The kids decorated it with candles....

Seventeen to be exact.....

Happy birthday dear Nolan....

Happy birthday, to you...make a wish!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Sherry--

It was fun seeing you too! I love coming home and seeing everyone :). It looks like you guys had a great time at the cabin!

Carly

Carly said...

Sherri,
oops! I just realized I spelled your name wrong... sorry!

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics