Saturday, January 19, 2008

Is It Too Late to Say Happy New Year???




You Had an Average Year



While you had some setbacks, your year also brought some good things.

All in all, things mostly evened out. That's just how life works.

Focus on what went well for you - and what you can improve.

A new year is a perfect reason to give yourself a fresh start!

I know that we are already half way through the month but I though it might still be appropriate to say "Happy New Year". I really haven't had a chance to think about the new year and resolutions until now. Things have just been sooooo busy. But I have been laid up in bed for the past week (me and my laptop) with the flu, so I am tired of the TV and playing solitaire on my PDA (something that I can do for hours). After taking the "How did your year rate?" quiz, I thought that I should maybe think about the New Year ahead and resolve to make it a little more than average...although average isn't too bad.
A few things that I should resolve to do:
1. Eat better - Now that I am ?6, I realize that if I want to feel well and have a good second half of life, I had probably ease up on the sugar and junk food and eat more fruits and veggies. Actually, I have been craving veggies...mmm...
2. Read more good books - Aaron and I have just finished reading "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer". We loved it. I like a good story but I wouldn't say that I am an avid reader. I have a bad tendency to pick up a book, read through three quarters of it and then put it down and never pick it up again...no matter how good the book is. I hate that! I started reading "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer just after Christmas and then I put it down. My goal is to pick it up and finish it.
3. Get more exercise - I used to ride my bike all of the time. At one point a hundred miles a week. But I have gotten out of that habit. I did ride a little bit at Christmas Break but I could hardly ride 5 miles. I am soooo out of shape and especially now that I have been sick. I have a membership to two different gyms....places I haven't seen in a very long while. My goal is to visit these places more frequently.
Why don't you take the quiz and leave me a comment on how well your year rated.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States

My Blog List

Analytics